Monday, July 18, 2005

traditionally non-bethany vocabulary words

I read what I wrote below, and wonder who wrote it – I mean… ? huh? There;s just too many traditionally non-bethany vocabulary words. Hear these – pediatrician, megastore, mommies-club, loner? Oh well, I was never too big on tradition anyway. Here we go!

I met a 7-month-old girl sitting up playing with blocks in our pediatricians waiting room. it seems like an eternity from now that lucas will be the same age, but “all in good time” I suppose. This little girl’s mom is English and we had some nice small-talk while we were waiting for the dr.. the following week, we were standing in a checkout lane at the local megastore and she was in the very next lane! She invited me to the next English-speaking-mommies-in-athens meeting which happens to be held near my house in halandri. She said theres 2 english and 4 american ladies.. sounds like fun, and I guess I cant hole up in my house forever... I make a very good loner, but I need to socialize a bit. Moderation in all things, right?

Life is a big fast rollercoaster. I heard someone say it well once: life is a rollercoaster, with exciting twists and turns, the best way to ride it is to slide in sideways at the end screaming “holy sh*t! that was fun!”

Side note::: fave cd lately::: ween “quebec

5 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Powergirl said...

Congrats on finding the english speaking mommies club. Yay! Only a few ladies and you found one of them. That seems pretty lucky to me.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Mari said...

You're going to love getting to hang out and actually have real conversations with other moms; I'm so glad you found them (or they found you, or divine chance put you together, whatever works, y'know?).

Also, boy, those six months will be gone before you know it, and then Lucas will be 7 months and sitting up and commando-crawling around the apartment and you'll miss the days when he would just stay put so you could run to the bathroom without worrying he'd get into something he shouldn't.

Wow, Athens has megastores. Is it a walmart?

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Ph said...

...no walmart (1st worldwide), but carrefour (2nd worlwide.. and french -but that really doesn't matter, except for the camenbert-)....

as for lucas, he likes to stay sit and stare at the world... can't wait to commando-crawl with him, sounds like fun!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Marie Brannon said...

Hmmmmm..... let me get a good clear picture of this....

bethany, sitting around a roomful of women talking about diaper rash and formula and colic and potty training.

sheesh. whatever happened to my independent little beffany whose Barbie doll wanted to be a famous jet-setter artiste/fashion model/independent woman?

I am thrilled to see the grown woman who has taken her place, Beth, and my love for you grows every day, just like Lucas grows every day.

mom.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Claire said...

That's so cool that you and the english-speaking mommies club found each other! I can only imagine, that taking care of your first newborn has plenty of challenges in itself, moreso when no one speaks your language..

I'm so happy for you! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home