Tuesday, May 24, 2005

exciting news

i realize my posts are actually not too different from one another, but you're sweet to keep checking in on me anyway. i promise there will be some exciting news sometime within the next few weeks! i' changed my silly profile pic too.. it was funny, but i'm over it now.

These days I’m fairly forgetful, but amazingly focused and single-minded. I go to the grocery store almost every day now because I forgot some little piddly thing the previous day. Yesterday was milk & sugar & tortillas, today is t-p and cereal… but it’s all for the best, you see I’m supposed to be walking at least 30 minutes a day until lucas drops his head into my pelvis. He hasn’t done this yet and, frankly, I can understand why he would not want to stick his head into the bony cavity any sooner than is absolutely necessary.. it just doesnt sound comfortable .. he’s already standing on his head for several weeks now! Poor little guy, probably all wet and pruney too. Hehe.

Later this week, I’m officially “full term”.. they say 2 weeks before -or after- the projected due date (june 3) is normal and he will not be premature, just early. I’d love to know if any of y’all have a premonition about when this is going to happen.. anybody wanna venture a guess? Too bad we’re not all living in the same town so we could start a betting square for day & time. I really don’t care when, in fact, I’m ready NOW.

My friend Julia came for an afternoon visit yesterday, it was nice sitting around with a girl. We ate ice cream bars and talked about birthin’ and boys. She’s in hot-pursuit of a certain greek boy… I guess you could say the same about me. (lucas being my certain greek boy..)

It occurred to us that he will probably get a GREEK birth certificate. How neat is that? I hope it’s all typed up on an old typewriter or something. ~and it just might BE!~

8 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Hmmmm.. I just looked into my crystal ball, and it told me that Lucas would join us next Monday May 30th. That is Memorial Day in the US and Laila's first birthday!

But I have ne'er used this crystal ball before so I can't swear by it's accuracy. Actually I was telling a coworker of mine about our last phone conversation, and she said it sounded like you were "nesting" and predicted the same day.

What do I win if I'm right? A trip to Greece to meet my nephew?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Powergirl said...

I love the old profile pic! Supposedly pregnancy can make you vry forgetful. I blog now too
http://littlemissmessycovers.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Marie Brannon said...

Hang on girl, Momma is on her way!! The full moon is TODAY, I think, and it has been statistically proven that more babies are born during the full moon than at any other time during the month. Ask any OB nurse.

On the other hand, I like Claire's prediction of the 30th. That would tie Lucas to the good ole USA and to his Auntieclaire.

How would you feel about sharing your June 4th birthday with your son?

If Tricia's crystal ball is in good working order, Jim and I will still get to say howdy to the little feller for 5 days!!!

Whatever. He's gonna be a Gemini and he's gonna be WONDERFUL.

Love,
Gran and PapaJim

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see, American mom, French Dad, and born in Athens, my guess is that he will be a UN baby or a republican

regardless he will be every bit a "story teller" like his dad no doubt...

dod

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger noriichan said...

June 8th

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Claire got the closest...but you and pH get the prize....

Fantastic News!!!!

As Geniveve said "I am haap py",
so am I...bon jour!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Mari said...

I guess May 28!!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Ph said...

really exciting :-)))
PIX PIX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home