Wednesday, June 29, 2005

philosophical wax

Anyone remember houston’s health & spirit magazine? The off-shoot of outsmart? Mari was the editor and tricia was the graphic artist & photographer, and I managed to get my picture on the front cover once.

I was thinking about the annual new years ‘what year is it in your life cycle article’ that ran, and I have had some thoughts about it recently. I kept a copy of it somewhere, probably in my tower of boxes in the corner of my living room. Hmph.

In 1995 (10 years ago) I was living in LA for exactly one year, and figuring out I was not a teenager or student anymore, that I was an adult and a graphic designer starting out my career as such. most of 96 I spent recovering from 95, but in November 96 I gotmy place on west gray and embarked on the real part of my aims, being an independent woman and graphic designer.

NOW, 2005, I am living one year in Athens, and figuring out I am not a graphic designer or an independent woman anymore.. but a mother and an artist, so maybe I’ll spend all of next year figuring out how to negotiate these turns, and god-willing, will enter the meaty part of this decade’s adventure by the end of 2006!

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Found in the Alley said...

Bethany - you are truly blessed with a curious and inherently happy disposition.

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang! you grown.........

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Claire said...

at the risk of sounding like a Virginia Slims commercial.... You've come a long way, baby!

I'm very proud of, and happy for, you beff. You'll always be my favorite sissur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home