Thursday, October 12, 2006

slow but started

ph posted 10 pix of lucas with his beloved basketball on lucaspix, just to get something up for you hungry bugs... and dont forget to go see the youtube vids ph put up on his blog, its pretty cute stuff.
my dad and sister left now, and my house is back to being quiet and a little lonely... especially now that hubbub of moving is largely settled, i feel like their departure marks the beginning of some new phase. huh? oh well - best not dwell on it, just keep puttin one foot in front of the other.. and soon enough the holidays will have past and then i'll give birth, and the hubbub will be at a new all-time high again.
a good friend matt turner told me once over a lonestar beer that he had come to realize that "life is what happens in between the high spots".. i think about him, and what he said, and take great comfort in the lulls now.. just regular life happenng here. and the slowness is sometimes nice.
oh, and i saw rebecca novak for about 10 minutes the other day, she was passing through cambridge driving her grandma around, and so we got to chat a bit on the sidewalk in front of my house. it was nice to chat. although it would have been great if we'd had more time to really catch up. i guess next time.

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, enjoy your quiet time because it be gone sooner than you think! Miss you friend! We'll have to try and hop a train over there soon. How far is the train station from your abode? My friend Anne gave me a few more things for baby I'll send your way.......eventually. :P NI

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Oh Bethany! We had a fabulous time visiting you.. I already want to come back, wonder if I can talk Boogie into honeymooning on the east coast?

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello hello After spending the summer and searching a house and getting setteld in amsterdam were back in athens for a little while.Amsterdam is very childfriendly, wide streets, bycicle lanes everywere , much green, very well planned, and the cars let the pedestrian cross the road, like in boston, compared to Athens
, were the cars seem to shoot from every corner everywhere, in this way a paradise. I think when one moves to another country there a more or less similar experiences, many times when I read through your blog I thought: Thats the same with me.Karina is fine, allthough sometimes she was a bit stressed with all the cĥange.I hope your little one is growing spritely!Bye anita and karina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home