Monday, June 05, 2006

what a day, what a day

lucas woke up at 5 this morning - that's early... usually he's up at 6. we were out of cereal.just before his morning nap, he hit his head on the edge of the coffe table and now has a cut on the bridge of his nose. ow! he seems fine, but I almost passed out! i started seeing black and feeling dizzy, and sweating profusely, all i could do was keep rocking him until i got my head back on. an hour later we went to the pharmacy & grocy store & on the way down the stairs i slipped and bounced down two steps (i'm unharmed, more surprised than anything)... and THEN somehow i dropped my wallet on to the sidewalk on the way to the store. i made a big scene in the produce department asking if anyone had seen it, and found it while retracing my steps (it was UNTOUCHED - wow, imagine my luck!! there was 75 euros, two bank cards and my passport inside) . when we got back, the mail had arrived & we finally got a box from santorini with lucas' beloved "mutton noir" (a black sheep stuffed animal he loves best) that he left in the hotel room there, and a big fat envelope from the american embassy... seems we have som MORE paperwork to do. but that's a whole other blog entry, no problems, just a pain in the you-know-what. so, later today, we will go to pick up some mail at the old address, and go for lucas' monthly checkup and vaccinations. i hope nothing else happens today, or i'll have to go dig out my railroad train pyjamas.

7 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Marie Brannon said...

Whew!! glad you got THAT day behind you. now maybe there won't be another one that bad for another decade.
Unless.... some people say that tomorrow 6-6-06 is the end of the world!!!! hahha.
I'm glad you are okay, bethany. I wish I could've been there to give you a great big Mommy-hug to make it all better.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got thru it! I would have snapped. -NI b/t/w Still no baby!

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Lucas and i have something in common...take a look at the email i send in a few days...

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Lucas and i have something in common...take a look at the email i send in a few days...

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good days and bad days....we all have em! I'm sorry about the booboo! Big hug from me!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New pics of you and lu coming up soon? :-)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey,
Happy B-day!

Marisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home