Wednesday, July 05, 2006

july 4 anniversary



for philippe..."i love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as to-morrow, do-wah do-wah... and if all my dreams came true - i'd be spending time with you - oh!"

we got married july 4th, 2002 .. on buffalo bayou in houston texas.. near the dandelion fountain, pretty soon after dark, maybe 9pm, when the fireworks began, so did we. we gave only 3 days notice and invited you to come in your shorts with your blanket or lawn chair and beer koozie and we provided a cooler full of champagne and little plastic cups. many of our friends, and friends of friends helped us with our special occasion... making our wedding a most spectacular, heartwarming and memorable evening. our dear friend trey (a musician and dent-puller) was the minister. missy (a boutique hand) gave me the dress which i found while shopping at the way we wore. dia (my haidresser) did my hair and johnathan her husband, the florist) made me a bouquet. carol's daughter sarah (a cosmetology student) did my makeup and a relaxing foot soak to keep me from running around while she did her thing. my mom provided a luxury car service to the ceremony (a client of theirs). and manu collected up everyones digila pix and made them into a CD for us, that my dad later turned into a chronological slideshow video with music. we felt really lucky to have so many friends.

allright allready, enough of the sappy-story-time.

we met three years before we got married (to the day, officially, at a vegetarian backyard barbecue - but thats another story) so we've been together now for 7 years!! whoopee for us!

3 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Claire said...

whoo hoo for bb+ph! Was thinking about you yesterday.... We had 2 birthday's to celebrate (our great nation and Boogie's grandmother) and your anniversary.

In July 1999 when you met Philippe, Boogie and I were 2 months away from knowing each other 7 years... So the #'s say the LeSagers are twice as fast as the Lee's. Heeheeee!

Thanks for the great story! I'm so proud of you and your family. :-)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Mari said...

Happy anniversary to two of the greatest people I know! Your wedding was a blast (even if I couldn't drink that night!). I miss you guys.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Damn that's great story. I'm getting old cuz I think I teared up a bit. Happy anniversary B and P. I hope it was a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home