Tuesday, February 28, 2006

giddy up horsey

lucas is nine months today, and now has been his own individual person for longer than he was part of me. and i'm having trouble fathoming how it is that he will be a YEAR old in just 3 months.. it blows my mind.

well, my dad and mimi came over here for a weeklong visit last week.. and we had a really great time. they both spent a good deal of the trip sleeping, and so didnt do too much tourism since they had come the year before. so during their waking hours they played and visited with lucas and we shared some very special family moments. notably, when my dad first walked in the door of our apartment he immediately got down on the floor with his chin in his hands to be at eye level with lucas while they checked each other out.. within the hour, grampa dave and lucas were playing like old buddies. and the next night or two while the weather was nice, my dad would take lucas out wrapped up in a blanket onto the balcony to watch the sunset... rocking him and humming a tune until lucas very slowly closed his eyes. oh! the tenderness, kinda pulled my heart strings. and watching my mimi (lucas' great-grandmother) handle lucas, it all became clear - this woman raised 5 children! she pulled him up on her knee, bouncing, singing "giddy up horsey go to town..."

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Wow.. I can't wait to see the snapshots from the trip!

Did Dad do any roomper-roompers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home