Tuesday, January 24, 2006

snowstorm

moscow sent us a big cold front with wind and rain that came in last night and rattled our shutters and doors. then the temperature dropped to freezing in the wee hours, so all day today it's been snowing.

like any good houstonian, i'm all wowed, and checking the windows every half-hour or so to see if it's still going on. snow is like some kind of magical powder that hasn't lost it's romance for me. i never really lived up north ... excepting one winter in st. louis when my sister and i ran out into the snow to fetch a mix tape out of her car and we fell in up to our thighs. good times good times

i hope this snow in athens will go on long enough to make a snowman on my balcony, and take a beautiful photo of the nearby lykavittos hill covered in snow. i know my northern friends will giggle at this little piddly amount of snow, and my greek & texan friends will marvel at how we ever got through it.

it is all relative isnt it? philippe said temperature is never absolute .. anyone got any smarty-pants stuff to add to that? i/m gonna grab a carrot and make a snowman.

oh, and PS,, some guy tried to pick me up at the grocery yesterday!!, isnt it cool? it put an extra skip in my step.

3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Lots of snow?!?!?! I'm incredibly jealous sis..

Ol' Man Winter has only visited us once this year, during work hours and it was all gone by the time we would have been able to play in it. We are having a Texan winter this year, temperatures in the high 30's and no precip.

Hee Hee.. I had forgotten about the tape incident! I'll have to re-bank it with my other Bethany memories, it belongs right up there with that day in Dad's apartment when we dressed up in 60's clothes, did photo shoots and waited for the pizza guy! I have those pictures somewhere..........

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger jonathan said...

smarty pants ? When I got my job I went to get a physical exam. The nurse took my temperature and was writing it on the clipboard. I asked "What is my temperature?" She replied: "Oh don't worry you have no temperature at all."

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Snow! Man you're lucky! I don't know whether to wear flip flops one day or a sweater the next! You are missing a couple of beautiful days in TX though! Big Hug 4 you!

Marisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home