Monday, February 07, 2005

daxi daxi daxi !

O.K. is an acronym. (no duh beth, but for what?).. it stands for Ola Kala.. that’s greek and it means literally “all good”. Well, this is very useful information, not only can I say OK in greek and they’ll understand, but I learned ola means all.. and that that “endaxi” (what I THOUGHT meant okay) actually means, “alright already” -- like in the sense of ‘shut up you’re boring me, I got it I got it’.. which I will do now. But before I do, I will point out that most people here say “daxi daxi daxi” which is a shortened version of the latter. I had wondered why the greeks laugh and smile real big at me when I say it.. now I know.

And the other good news is that I found a big recycling bin near my house and also now understand what the gibberish on it says. “metallo, harti, plastiki, guali” which means aluminum, cartons, plastic, glass..it also said “parakalo ohi skoupidia” which I was relieved to find out means “please no trash”

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Marie Brannon said...

okay, okay, okay. what an education you are getting!! thanks for finding my blog and putting comments on it. can you help educate me about blogging?

two questions: when i sent you that e-mail, i thought i was sending you a link to my blog so you could add it to yours, like mari's and philippe's are over on the right side of yours. soooo... what do i have to do to get linked to yours?

and secondly, how do i get my photos on my blog? my little photo shows up on the blogger screen where i log in and choose "which blog", and click on +new post, but it's not on my main page. and on another one of those screens, it asks for my photo url. what the heck is an url, and is that where i put http://goodgran.blogger.somethingorother?

heeelllllllllppp!!!!

p.s. little Willie's portrait showed up in the mailbox today. he's really cute! jim says no matter what you name the little fellow, he's always gonna be willie to him!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger bb said...

he wants to call him that because the doctor called my baby's penis a willie? huh? you'll forgive me if i cant call him that (grin).. hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home