Monday, February 07, 2005

cafe clatch

well yesterday i said goodbye to our only friend here in halandri.. she is on her way back to Iceland and back to her house and dogs and fiancee after working here in Athens for 4 months.. We had several good times visiting together and we also met her good friend Julia who lives an hours’ train ride north from here and we have had lots of fun getting to know each other too.. so I think we’ll be visiting her when the weather is a little nicer..

But later on the same day, we met up with 2 new friends for coffee! Her name is evvangelia, and her boyfriend is named evvangelios.. isn’t it too funny? I enjoyed that part too, some of you know how difficult names can be for me (my own for one!) and I like that it means “the good word” we swapped name stories (both biblical) and we were off! Evvangelios and philippe sat mystified as me and my new girlfriend solved all the world’s problems! she’s a 27-year-old graphic designing Gemini.. I really felt like I met somebody great.. almost immediately after meeting we were talking about etymology, greek culture, american culture and …. The best story of the night was definitely the origin of “OK”.. because learning new things is always fun, but especially when you have relevant application!!!

On the way home it was snowing, which I thought was so neat and rare… sigh…philippe thought it was no big deal.. I guess the old saying is true, “You can take the girl out of houston, but you cant take the houston out of the girl.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home