Tuesday, November 20, 2007

thanksgiving prep












ive been learning how to knit these days. i think its a wrist-warmer, haha. it was going to be a scarf, but i messed up too much by the time i got to about the 10th knitted row, that i decided to start fresh.

now that the weather is cold (its snowing right now, y'all!) i love to cook. i somehow cant seem to get inspired in the summer when the weather is warm, but something about daylight savings & nippy weather gets me in the kitchen rarin' to go. i just finished my thanksgiving shopping trip, and will start preparing some of the food this afternoon.

we have invited some friends from japan (one of philippe's coworkers, hiroshi, with his wife and their brand new baby, and masako & kana of the homemade japanese lunches fame). i am not doing a turkey this year, ive done that before and its really too much work, and too much leftovers. so i bopped on down to the mayflower freshly killed chicken place and picked up some chicken to put with the cornbread stuffing & also a small amount of turkey giblets for the gravy. but otherwise the menu is fairly traditional. we will have: chicken & cornbread stuffing with giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, baked eggplant tomato & basil parmesan, (the famous) yellow bell pepper soup, a salad, and a store bought pumpkin pie. (hey gimme a break! i'm makin' everything else from scratch) and philippe said he will stop tomorrow & pick up the requisite wine & cheese course.

only thing i am not sure is when i'll listen to alice's restaurant. you can get anything you want... well i want some old friends around, to have a little wine & sing out loud. maybe these new friends will be into it.. but probably not. oh well. but we'll see.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Karis said...

If I qualify for "old friends" I will sing as loudly as I can and you can tell me if you heard me.

Wanna share the famous soup recipe? I'm a soup-a-holic who is always looking for something else to try =)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Marie Brannon said...

And that's what we did, sat in the back of the patrol car and drove to the
quote Scene of the Crime unquote. I want tell you about the town of
Stockbridge, Massachusets, where this happened here, they got three stop
signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the
Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars,
being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to
get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of
cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station.
They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
mention the aerial photography.

After the ordeal, we went back to the jail. Obie said he was going to put
us in the cell. Said, "Kid, I'm going to put you in the cell, I want your
wallet and your belt." And I said, "Obie, I can understand you wanting my
wallet so I don't have any money to spend in the cell, but what do you
want my belt for?" And he said, "Kid, we don't want any hangings." I
said, "Obie, did you think I was going to hang myself for littering?"
Obie said he was making sure, and friends Obie was, cause he took out the
toilet seat so I couldn't hit myself over the head and drown, and he took
out the toilet paper so I couldn't bend the bars roll out the - roll the
toilet paper out the window, slide down the roll and have an escape. Obie
was making sure, and it was about four or five hours later that Alice
(remember Alice? It's a song about Alice), Alice came by and with a few
nasty words to Obie on the side, bailed us out of jail, and we went back
to the church, had a another thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat,
and didn't get up until the next morning, when we all had to go to court.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting, that's with the 2 needles, right? If so, I have some supplies to give you if you want. I get crocheting & knitting mixed up. Leftovers from one of my many started & uncompleted hobby projects. ~NI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home