Wednesday, November 15, 2006

the little man behind the curtains

lucas personality is showing up more clearly these days.. and were not sure if its just because he's at the age where it really starts to show up ... as he develops "social skills" or if it's kind of a phase he's going through. he seems to be shy, quiet and reserved.. observing everything carefully, taking only calculated risks. and is only ever "talkative" at home... is this MY KID? haha.. he musta got that from ph!

also recently .. we just got all the required fabric and a mini sewing machine to make ourselves some curtains for the living room. i'll post before/after pix when we finally manage to finish this project, and sitting here surfing the web in my precious little sans-lucas-free-time is not advancing my cause significantly is it? oh well.

but i'll bet my desire for burnt orange curtains wins in the end. if you know me at all, then you probably know my opinions on run-of-the-mill white plastic miniblinds, and my general displeasure with the color gray (the color of my baseboards, ugh... but at least theyre not beige like the walls!!) and can surmise i'll be acting quickly to remedy this sity-ation. these are important issues.

at least finally after the flurry of activity surrounding the past two weekends in our house, we have a work-area in our basement set-up. it isnt fully stocked with tools and paints and miscellaneous household whatevers yet, but a solid work table, lights, electricity and an adjacent storage cabinet will take you far. next i need some funky old matching pillowcases from the salvation army to hang in the basement windows before i can really feel ready for any projects that may be brewing down there in the future.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Marie Brannon said...

funky old pillowcases? you mean like the kind I have all over my house, on my beds, in the closets???? haha. you mean the kind with 1970's flowers on them? hehee. watch your mailbox, girl, there's no telling what might show up soon.

mom.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I have a "funky" old table cloth (aka 70s FLY butterfly sheet) that fits so perfectly over my dining table.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home