Thursday, October 13, 2005

sept-ober

My mom’s blog had September & October all rolled up into one big burrito, even though October just began. They had a really big month over there, with a genealogical trip, deaths in the family (my grandmother and an uncle died), the hurricane & cat relocation (Freddie went to live in a senior citizens home where she gets more attention than she can shake her tail at). moms poses the question, “how was your septober?”, so I feel obliged to discourse a bit.

We had guests for dinner once, and I made tortilla soup for the first time and it was super-good. Whew! it’s always a risk making sthg for the first time to serve to guests, in case it’s terrible. (hmmm, reminds me of a particularly bad vegetable lasagna I made for about 6 or 8 people – back when we lived on Stanford.. everyone was polite, er, uh… tooo polite!) hehe. Really, it was awful.

Lucas news: Genevieve sent us some new homemade stuffed animals (including a big-fatty-catty, thanks TMS for the name; and an orange cow with horns AND udders, a blue mouse and a red bear). we finally bought a stroller. And lucas had his first spoonfuls of “solid” food, although it’s kinda more like liquidy pudding. But The ladies at my mommy’s club all say it constipates, so maybe I wont continue with it.. he is just 4 months after all. Maybe I’ll take him straight from breastmilk to table food when hes old enough.

And we went to crete for a week, which deserves it’s own post.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there woman! Lucas is just beautiful, in case you haven't heard that from me already! Congrats on the 4 months!
Elvira sends a big kiss to you! She says Lucas is ¡precioso! (precious).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home