Tuesday, February 03, 2009

ruby two's day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!! ruby turned 2 yesterday (2-2) & we had her party on sunday. she had my very delicious homemade carrot cake and cream cheese icing, she got 2 pink gingham teasets and easel/markers/paints/paper from us. my mom gave her a really great baby doll, and made some matching outfits for the baby & ruby.. so cute!

im realizing now that she is 2 - im getting real glimpses of life without *babies*...

babies are adorable, dont get me wrong, but they are a LOT of work! within the past month ive had 2 work opportunities that presented themselves to me, and in the end i had to come to terms with the fact that i still only have about 5 hours per week to myself, quiet.

the one i had to turn down was doing the illustrations for a 32-pg childrens book. it could have been fun, but not if i couldnt give it the full attentions it deserved. its not exactly something you can do well in only 5 hours a week! "soon enough", i tell myself, "my kids will both be off in school" and i'll have a good chunk of the day to get back to work in the ways that i can.. theyre only little for such a short time. i dont mind, really because theyre delightful little kids, so - not that im checking my watch or anything, but 4 years down, 2 to go!

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowie-zowie! Happy late B-Day to Ruby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home